Fireworks cause fire in Wayne park

Members of the Wayne Volunteer Fire Department responded to a call at approximately 10:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 25.

A large tree stump was on fire at the Boys Scout Park (Roosevelt Park) near Logan Creek.

The fire was quickly extinguished and no damage was done to any property.

It was determined that the fire was caused by fireworks being discharged in the area.

Fire Chief Phil Monahan is urging everyone to use extreme caution when using fireworks this year. He said the forecast is for hot, dry conditions in the coming week, adding to the chance for a fire.

The department also received a call from Wayne State College early Friday morning. An alarm sounded in one of the college’s buildings, but there was no fire.

Subscriber Login

Login Help

Thank you for visiting our new website. For your initial login to the site, please use the following information:

Username: Your current username (or screen name from the previous site)
Password: Please also use your username as the password

You can change your password after successfully logging into the site. Thank you.

The Wayne Herald

Mailing Address:
114 Main Street
Wayne, NE 68787
Phone: 402-375-2600

Comment Here