Wayne Fire Chief urges caution when using fireworks

Wayne Fire Chief Phil Monahan is urging all area residents to use caution when using fireworks in the coming days.

The fire department responded to a call on Thursday (June 24) at the Boy Scout Park, also known as Roosevelt Park, near the Logan Creek. A tree was on fire. It was quickly extinguished and no damage ocurred to any buildings. No one was injured. However, Monahan says the cause was use of fireworks in the area.

"We expect hot, dry conditions in the coming week, everyone should be very careful when when using fireworks," Monahan said.

The Wayne Fire Department also responded to an alarm at Wayne State College that same evening.

Subscriber Login

Login Help

Thank you for visiting our new website. For your initial login to the site, please use the following information:

Username: Your current username (or screen name from the previous site)
Password: Please also use your username as the password

You can change your password after successfully logging into the site. Thank you.

The Wayne Herald

Mailing Address:
114 Main Street
Wayne, NE 68787
Phone: 402-375-2600

Comment Here