Wayne firefighters respond to fire in gutter

 

At approximately noon on Tuesday, the Wayne Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire in a gutter at the corner of Seventh and Lincoln Streets.

Leaves in the gutter were on fire, which was quickly put out by the firefighters.

Wayne Fire Chief Phil Monahan said it appears a cigarette was thrown in the gutter and set the leaves on fire.

No other information is available at this time.

The Wayne Herald

Mailing Address:
114 Main Street
Wayne, NE 68787
Phone: 402-375-2600
 

Sign Up For Breaking News

Stay informed on our latest news!

Manage my subscriptions

Subscribe to My Wayne News Newsletter feed
Comment Here